Signal perception at the cell surface and transduction of this signal to the cell’s interior is essential to all life forms. Plants have evolved membrane-integral receptor proteins and associated signaling cascades that drastically differ from the well-studied systems in animals. Our aim is to dissect these signaling pathways in mechanistic detail.
A second line of research aims at uncovering the roles of linear and inositol polyphosphates in plants. We are interested where these phosphate and energy-rich molecules are located within cells, how they are being synthesized/broken down and what’s their cellular function and physiological role.
Jan 15, 2019: A new PhD position is available in the lab.
Selected publications (group members in bold)
- Lorenzo-Orts L, Witthoeft J, Deforges J, Martinez J, Loubery S, Placzek A, Poirier Y, Hothorn LA, Jaillais Y, Hothorn M (2019)
Concerted expression of a cell-cycle regulator and a metabolic enzyme from a bicistronic transcript in plants.
Nature Plants 5(2):184-193 free full-text
- Hohmann U, Nicolet J, Moretti A, Hothorn LA, Hothorn M (2018)
The SERK3 elongated allele defines a role for BIR ectodomains in brassinosteroid signalling.
Nature Plants 4:345-351 doi:10.1038/s41477-018-0150-9, free full-text
- Hohmann U, Santiago J, Nicolet J, Olsson V, Spiga FM, Hothorn LA, Butenko MA, Hothorn M (2018)
Mechanistic basis for the activation of plant membrane receptor kinases by SERK-family coreceptors.
- Wild R, Gerasimaite R, Jung JY, Truffault V, Pavlovic I, Schmidt A, Saiardi A, Jessen HJ, Poirier Y, Hothorn M, Mayer A (2016)
Control of eukaryotic phosphate homeostasis by inositol polyphosphate sensor domains.
- Santiago J, Brandt B, Wildhagen M, Hohmann U, Hothorn LA, Butenko MA, Hothorn M (2016)
Mechanistic insight into a peptide hormone signaling complex mediating floral organ abscission.
eLife doi: 10.7554/eLife.15075
- Santiago J, Henzler C, Hothorn M (2013)
Molecular Mechanism for Plant Steroid Receptor Activation by Somatic Embryogenesis Co-Receptor Kinases.